Dr. Christopher's Comfrey Ointment
Comfrey ointment is typically used as a topical herbal remedy for painful muscle and joint conditions, such as low back pain, osteoarthritis, and sprains. It's also used in alternative medicine for the following problems:
- Sprains and strains
- Joint inflammation
- Cradle Cap (on babies)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Directions: Apply externally as needed, or as directed by your health care professional.
Refrigerate after opening.
Why People Use It
Comfrey ointment contains several substances which possess beneficial properties, including anti-inflammatory compounds and allantoin. This is a substance which highly speeds up wound healing by stimulating the growth of new cells).
May also help
- Insect bites
- Broken bones.
- Pulled muscles.
- Varicose veins.
- Sore throat.
- Joint pain.
- Chest pain.
- Other conditions.
Here's a look at some key findings on the potential health benefits of comfrey cream:
1) Back Pain
Comfrey ointment could help ease back pain, suggests a 2010 study from the British Journal of Sports Medicine. The study included 120 patients with acute upper or lower back pain, each of whom were treated with comfrey ointment or a placebo for five days. Study results revealed that pain intensity decreased an average of 95.2 percent in the group given comfrey ointment (compared to 37.8 percent in the placebo group).
Comfrey ointment may help treat osteoarthritis of the knee, according to a study published in Phytomedicine in 2007. For the study, 220 people with osteoarthritis of the knee were assigned to three weeks of treatment with either comfrey ointment or a placebo. By the study's end, those who used the comfrey ointment had experienced a significantly greater improvement in pain, mobility, and quality of life (compared to members of the placebo group).
3) Ankle Sprains
Several studies show that comfrey ointment may be helpful in the treatment of ankle sprains. In a 2005 study published in Phytomedicine, for instance, researchers found that comfrey ointment may be just as effective as Diclofenac gel (a topically applied nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) when it comes to reducing ankle-sprain-related pain. The study included 164 patients with ankle sprains, each of whom was treated for about a week.
4) Wound Healing
Comfrey ointment shows promise in the treatment of wounds, according to a 2012 study published in the German journal Drug Research. The study involved 108 children (ages 3 to 12), each of whom had recently suffered an abrasion. Researchers assigned the children to treatment with a cream containing either 10 percent comfrey extract or 1 percent comfrey extract.
WARNING: External use only. This product should not be taken orally (which may cause liver damage) nor used as a suppository.
Ingredients: Organic Comfrey Leaf in a base of Beeswax and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
No added Fillers or Chemicals
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition.
- After your payment is verified, it takes 1-3 business days to process and ship your order. This does not include weekends or holidays.
- Depending on the Shipping Service you choose upon check out it takes 5 - 7 days within the United States and 1 - 3 weeks for International Shipping, depending on where are you in the World. Please note that this is the estimation only and we do not guarantee delivery dates. Some locations (Latin America, Africa, Middle East) could take longer to deliver.
- Delays may also occur as a result of International Customs Inspections. Your country's Customs office may require additional documents and time to clear your package, which may delay the estimated delivery time. The recipient takes full responsibility for your local Government's and postal regulations regarding Import and Customs, as we cannot be held liable for any items that are not accepted into the specific country.
- Most orders will be delivered by your local post service as regular registered mail, (USPS for the United States, Royal Mail for the United Kingdom). If you are not home when the delivery is made, a notice card may be left by the postal service to advise you on how and where your package should be collected.
IMPORT TAX & DUTY
- Sometimes import taxes, duties, and related customs fees may be charged once the package arrives at the destination country. These charges are determined by the destination country's customs office and are the responsibility of the recipient. For further details on charges, please contact your country's customs office.
- Once your shipping confirmation is emailed you will receive your tracking number. To track the order you can use Aftership or Trackingmore.
- Alternatively please contact customer support.
If the product you purchased does not do what it says it does, just return the unused portion with in two months of the postage date for a refund. We want you to get the help you need!
- Any brand new product can be returned for a full refund or store credit within 60 days of delivery. BEFORE RETURNING A PRODUCT, please contact Customer Support.
- Please note shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Please note promotional Free items are also non-refundable.
- The customer is responsible for the return shipping. Once we receive it back and verify it is unused and in original packaging, the return will be processed and a full refund will be issued.