A sore throat is an acute inflammation that can be caused by sinus drainage, allergies, pollen, a cold, smoking, dry air or even from yelling too much at a ball game.
You have come to the right place to find remedies you can make at home for the raw, scratchy, burning "when you swallow" pain.
So, let’s take a look at some these Home Remedies that are inexpensive and will help soothe and relieve the pain:
- Gargle 1 teaspoon – 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water (the stronger the better). Gargle, every hour, then swallow. The acid in the vinegar will soothe and help clear up the sore throat.
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar, 2 tablespoon of sugar and a dash of black pepper, then gargle.
- Swallow 1 tablespoon of honey and apple cider vinegar every 4 hours for pain relief.
Steep 1 bag of green tea in 6 oz of boiling water.
Add honey, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. It will be tangy, but will soothe your throat. Try sipping it as often as possible to promote healing.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 pint of warm water then gargle to help soothe throat.
- Letting zinc lozenges dissolve in your mouth (don’t chew) has been proven to be beneficial and promote healing.
Change out your toothbrush, it carries bacteria that can cause a sore throat to linger or even lead to one.
With my home remedies you use what you probably already have at home. You don’t have to go out and buy expensive products just to try, not knowing whether they really work or not.
As always, every remedy may not work for everybody, but try them and you’re sure to find the one that will help you to start feeling better soon!
Caution: Be sure to see your doctor if your symptoms are accompanied by a fever or doesn’t feel better within a few days. Strep throat is a serious illness that begins with a sore throat which must be treated by a doctor!
Be sure to check out the other pages on this website that are full of many other home remedies like this one!
Credit: Priceless Home Remedies